A healthy, flourishing environment is the inspiration for our company—we have always been committed to protecting the environment through conservation and sustainable use. We employ environmentally sound practices in everything we do, from our bottling at the source right through packaging and delivery.
Our spring water sources are critical to their ecosystems, and we employ strict resource management practices to ensure that our use is entirely sustainable. We purchase the land that surrounds our natural water sources, allowing us to preserve the health of the ecosystems, springs and groundwater.
Since 1990, we have decreased the use of PET by 25%. Our 16.9 oz bottle now contains just 8.8g of PET and our 1-gallon package contains just 57g, placing us alongside industry leaders. We have also significantly reduced materials used in other packaging including trays, boxes, labels, film and wrap.
Energy conservation is also an integral part of our process. We have outfitted our facilities with energy efficient machinery and lighting. All of our forklifts are propane or battery powered; we use no diesel fuel.
1. Plastic bottles can be recycled into a wide range of useful products such as rugs, swimming goggles, dog bowls, backpacks, skateboard wheels, etc.
2. It turns out that plastic bottles can be very fashionable. Approximately five bottles produce enough fiber filling for a ski jacket, 25 recycled bottles can make a fleece coat, while 26 bottles can bring forth a polyester suit.
3. Amazing Recycled is a great company that melts plastic, whips it in an electric mixer, making a foam which is spun into fibers. They mix the fibers with cotton and make white t-shirts that are 50% cotton/50% water bottles.
4. Made from recycled plastic, the nails and screws in plastic lumber hold better than wood, lasting more than 50 years!
5. A single 1-liter water bottle can be recycled to make a ruler. Very handy.
6. The filling for a sleeping bag can be made from eighty five 20-ounce water bottles. Rest easy knowing you’re helping preserve our planet.